Skip to main content

"Wub Yu!"

It is hard to believe we are less than two months away from Dean's MOS graduation. We started this journey when our son was just a teeny, tiny newborn. And by the time Hubby graduates, Nathaniel will just be one month shy of being a year and half. In that "short" time span, Dean learned how to speak, read, and write fluently in Arabic. I say that's pretty darn awesome!

I briefly mentioned yesterday how Marines are mandated to attend extra study hall during the last eight weeks of their class. So on top of seven hours of regular class, he has to go back to work for 2 hours three nights on weekdays and another two hours on Saturdays. So that means 13-14 hours work days since he still has to PT with his squad at five in the morning.


Well, the little one seems to have a hard time adjusting to the new schedule. Nathaniel is still asleep when his Daddy walks out the door at 4:30am to go to work.


So when my husband left to go back to work two days ago after a quick family time and early dinner, Nathaniel wanted to go with Daddy. He even grabbed his father's lunch bag to take with him!


This brings so much happiness to my heart and tears to my eyes at the same time. Nathaniel loves his Daddy so much! And I am completely fine with that; after all I'm crazy about his Daddy, too. What makes me sad is that this forces me to think about the big D. Deployment. It's inevitable and I know we have been so very lucky to have my husband stateside and living with us for this long.


Nathaniel said "wub yu!" (Love you!) for the first time as I snapped the above photo. I can tell he really misses his Daddy. Nathaniel spent 30 minutes last night just cuddling with my husband when he got home from work (the second time). I know it's tough on the little guy but I can almost bet it's tougher on the big guy.

So I really am not exaggerating when I say Nathaniel is a Daddy's boy.


Linking up to:

Supermon: Wordish Wednesday 
Project Alicia: Wordless Wednesday
The Paper Mama: Wordless{ish} Wednesday
live and love...out loud: Wordful Wednesday

Comments

  1. This post brought tears to my eyes, Diana! I can just imagine your little one saying "Wub yu!" while holding up that lunch box. So sweet!

    Yes, deployment is hard. Honestly, it's not a bed of roses, but you will have support from family, friends, and fellow military spouses. These are people you can truly rely on to get you and your son through the rough times. Always stay busy. That will help keep your mind off your hubby's absence. It will not alleviate all the pain, but it will help some. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! this is precious and choked me up a bit!
    that last picture is sweet as it can be!

    I can't imagine having to live through my husband being deployed, but some women, such as yourself, are made to be strong enough to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deployment is rough for sure, but with all the technology we have these days, it isn't as bad as it was in our parent's time.
    Hopefully, when that time comes your husband will be able to email, video chat, and call often. Sometimes it makes it worse, but most times it helps a lot!

    And congratulations to Dean for all his hard work! Arabic is one of the most difficult languages to learn, so hooray for him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LIES! You didn't start this journey when Nathaniel was teeny tiny, you started it before he was even conceived.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @AnonymousAKA crazy bro-in-law: I'm taking about Arabic class; not the entire Marine Corps journey :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my, you really captured a moment in time with this series of photos. Well done. And the story that goes with them, **sniff** precious! blessings on you and your family as you serve our country. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic captures and just made my heart melt and eyes water. I totally understand where your coming from having both my girls loving their Marine daddy that much. Oorah Marine Wife, keep the home fire burning :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwww that was so sweet! And for Nathaniel to say 'wub yu' is even cuter!

    Nowadays, my boy will cry when he sees daddy getting ready to go out. He will want to go for his 'gai-gai' (outing in Chinese) as well and thought daddy is leaving without him. I had to resort to distracting him big time so that he is not aware of daddy leaving... ;P

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet are these photos! Your photog is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!