Skip to main content

St. Patrick's Day

I was really looking forward to making all things green for St. Patrick's Day but when I woke up this morning, I was just exhausted. I didn't cook potato soup for dinner or bake green-colored cupcakes with rainbows like I had originally planned. Instead, we had Zuppa Toscana, which is Italian but it at least had green in it! I also served it with (whole wheat) garlic breadsticks since I might as well go for the Olive Garden theme.


We don't drink beer so we had green Sprite instead! This has been a tradition for two years now since we went to Buffalo Wild Wings where they serve green beer every St. Patty's Day. I asked our waiter if he could do the same with a non-alcoholic beverage and ever since, I have been drinking green Sprite every March 17th :)


Nathaniel had his own festive drink, too, with green milk! We didn't put as much dye but it still tricked him into drinking more milk :)


 I also made another batch of the Green Candied Popcorn per Hubby's request, which he brought to work. And ever since we bought a $3+ teeny, tiny bag of Ghirardelli chocolate covered pretzels a few days ago, I have been craving for more. So I made our own chocolate covered pretzels and even put green sprinkles on a few.


Nathaniel loved them but it got quite messy!

Comments

  1. Um. Please teach a class on how to be more like you. Thanks. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shots! And those choc covered pretzels, yumyum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green Sprite GREAT idea!!! I don't like Beer either so for next year I will remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toscana is my favorite soup from OG! I love that place! :)

    I hope you and your family had a fabulous St. Patty's Day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!