Skip to main content

Recipe: Jam Sandwich Cookies

A few nights ago, my husband asked what we're having for dessert. Usually, we'll have a bowl of ice cream unless I've baked something earlier. Well that certain evening, we so unfortunately(!) ran out of ice cream and I did not make anything. I don't remember what we ate for dessert that evening but I still clearly remember his response after breaking the sad news that indeed, we will not be having any dessert. He said: "We have flour. We have eggs. We have sugar and butter. You could have made a pound cake!"


Yes, dear hubby. I could have made a pound cake. But I didn't. But I made this Jam Sandwich Cookies out of the ingredients easily found in our kitchen, too. And it was also a great excuse to use my new food processor :)

Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart

Makes 18 sandwich cookies


Ingredients:

  • 4 cups Everyday Baking Mix*
  • 2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
  • 1/2 cup whole milk
  • 3/4 cup seedless jam or jelly

*Everyday Baking Mix
9 cups flour
3 cups sugar
2 tbps baking powder
1 tbp salt


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a food processor, pulse baking mix and butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add milk; pulse until a dough forms.

Drop dough by heaping tablespoons onto sheets, 4 inches apart. (You will fit about 9 cookies to a sheet; bake in two batches to make a total of 36 cookies.) Bake until cookies begin to turn golden but center is still pale, 12 to 14 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Spread flat side of half the cookies with 2 teaspoons jam each; sandwich with remaining cookies.



Linked up to:

Paisley Passions: Fun w/ Food Friday
For the Love of Blogs: Tasty Tuesday
Simplicity: Photo Challenge (Sweet)

Comments

  1. Those look yummy! My daughter would love those :) I love your blog, super cute! I'm here via~FTLOB :) Hope you & your sweet family have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I'm totally making these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so yummy! And the pictures are awesome too! I enjoy great food photography..maybe because I'm a foodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'm always looking for delicious sweets to make for my family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohhh, those look totally yummy. Love the pics. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. SERIOUSLY love these photos!! great job :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!