Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today (March 9, 2011)



Outside my window... Sunny but chilly 46 degrees

I am thinking... am I becoming a tea drinker? I found that I really, really like it by adding just a tiny bit of honey. Already enjoying my second cup for the day!

I am thankful for... I married a man that enjoys Filipino food. I didn't think it would be that important to me but it is so great to cook Filipino food that I'm craving that day without worrying about what my husband will eat instead.

From the kitchen... leftover Pancit Bihon (Filipino noodles) from last night

I am wearing... t-shirt, cardigan, pajamas

I am going... to wash our bedsheets today.

I am reading... Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider

I am hoping... to go to the Commissary just to buy plain breadcrumbs so I could make this.

I am hearing... the heater.

Around the house... not a toddler running around! He is still sleeping and I hope I didn't jinx it.

One of my favorite things... Sno Balls. I've never had them before so Hubby bought one last night so I could try them. I know they are not the best for you but they were amazing!

Inspired by the church song... Low in the Grave He Lay. I like to sing this hymm by combining and singing all three stanzas before singing the chorus. The stanzas are sang slowly and the chorus is fast so it really adds to the meaning of the song.

(slowly)
"(1) Low in the Grave He lay Jesus, my Savior! Waiting the coming day Jesus, my Lord!
(2) Vainly they watch His bed Jesus, my Savior! Vainly they seal the dead Jesus, my Lord!
(3) Death cannot keep His prey Jesus, my Savior! He tore the bars away Jesus, my Lord!

(quickly)
Up from the grave He arose (He arose!)
With a mighty triumph o'er His foes; (He arose!)
He arose a Victor from the dark domain,
And He lives forever with His saints to reign:
He arose! (He arose) He arose! (He arose)
Hallelujah, Christ arose!"

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • We're getting new phones this Saturday. Finally!

Here is a picture I am sharing... 3.8.11 Nathaniel does not only empty my pots and pans cabinet, he now goes inside the cabinet, too.


Linking up to:

Comments

  1. I LOVE drinking tea, glad to see you're beginning to enjoy it as well!

    That is an absolutely precious photo of your little guy. Awwww!

    I hope you had a great day....washing bed sheets! =) xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!