Skip to main content

Thing 1 and Thing 2

To celebrate Dr. Seuss' 107th birthday, Nathaniel and I watched a new episode of our latest favorite show Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About That on PBS. We also read Oh, The Places You'll Go! and baked mini red velvet cupcakes and decorated them as Thing 1 and Thing 2!


I got this idea from GoodLife Eats but I opted to make them in mini version. After all, Thing 1 and Thing 2 are tiny! I also used cream cheese frosting instead of regular buttercream so they were a bit messy to make and had to be kept refrigerated. But I just can't make red velvet cupcakes without cream cheese frosting. It would be like eating a peanut butter sandwich without jelly!


Nathaniel ate TWO cupcakes before we even decorated them. I was also doing his laundry thus the reason why he's in a laundry basket. 


Eating cupcakes is hard work!


I cannot wait until Nathaniel actually helps me with baking and decorating. It will be messy but I'm sure we'll have a great time :)



Linking up to: 

Paisley Passions: Fun with Food Friday

Comments

  1. So cute! Even with cupcake mess around his mouth! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Those cupcakes look so amazing!! I am jealous of your photography skills, and your baby is so handsome - you have such a blessed life! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nathaniel looks like he ate the cat or a raw steak...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute (the cupcakes, the kiddo, and the shots). It looks like you have great light inside the house, and I'm with you, I loooooove cream cheese icing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about the creem cheese icing and red velvet cupcakes! They still look so good!! And He is so handsome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable. love the pictures! eating cupcakes is hard work : )

    ps have you stopped by my blog for the jewelry giveaway?

    cheers!
    cailen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I nominated you for an award, come visit my blog to accept it :) I am also your newest follower.

    Christine @ krazycraftylady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your son is too cute!!! The cupcakes look yummy too :)
    I am now your newest follower, I hope you will follow me too! I look forward to your future blog posts :)

    http://sweetenedbykagi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cupcakes! Love the cream cheese frosting. You did a great job on the turquoise color. Thanks for adding this to the Dr. Seuss Link Collection at www.obSEUSSed.com -Victoria

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!