Skip to main content

Farmer's Market

I love going to our local Farmer's Market. I wish we are able to buy our produce there weekly (or at least attend every week) but sadly that is just not in the budget right now. Isn't it unfortunate that it actually cost more to eat healthy, fresher ingredients?


Maybe we could just have our own veggie garden someday. On our next permanent duty station, I vow to (at the minimum) plant cherry tomatoes, green onions, and herbs along with some flowers!


Here's Nathaniel enjoying a sample of fresh, locally grown tangerines.



Notice his lack of shoe; I thought his Dad put them on and vice versa. Oopps!



Our first official stop is usually at tea.zing to get some bubble tea. I believe my husband was first introduce with this yummy-goodness when we were in the Philippines in 2005. Ever since, we get bubble tea whenever we come across it.


Nathaniel sure is a fan of his Daddy's Strawberry-Mango bubble tea!

"You want some, Mommy?"
(Linking up to: The Long Road to China and Simplicity)

And from this angle, the large cup looks almost a tall as his torso!


Along with fresh produce, there are also flowers...

One of my favorite flowers :)
(Linking up to: Aspire and Simplicity)


...live music from local musicians...


...crafts...


...and food, specially international food! My husband had this Falafel sandwich and I had Shawarma Beef sandwich. The Falafel was amazing but I was pretty disappointed with mine :( It was not as good as Paprika's, which was actually located just two vendors away from where we bought this.


It was cloudy yesterday so although it made for perfect lighting for photography, we had to cut our trip short because it actually started drizzling. So we just brought our goodies home, along with some baklava, spiced almonds and "spiked" bread budding. I hope we can go back again several more times before our time here is over.

Linking up to:
For the Love of Blogs: Thirsty Thursday
and then, she {snapped}: show{off} your shot

Comments

  1. Oh, I love them! Isn't the farmer's market such a wonderful place. All the colors and smells...heaven.

    Blessings-
    Näna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos. YES! I tell Tim all the time how I want to live somewhere it's cloudy every day. Washington state maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have never in my life been to a Farmer's Market, but ALWAYS hear about! From the photos you posted, it definitely makes me want to visit sometime. I love all of the vibrant colors and the vintage feel to them. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. the colors are so bright and vibrant! everything looks delicious, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastically colorful day! I would so love to do that! You captured it so perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! Your son is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing captures and you have inspired me to hit up my local market this weekend (finally...lol) Love the b&w collage of him drinking the bubble tea..so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, I love all of these...gorgeous photography! And it's so fresh and springy. :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Love the photos! And those strawberries! Yumsss!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! These are amazing Farmer's Market photos! Love the fruits/veggie shots and of course the shots of the little cutie are my favorite!! Those tulips!! Wowww!!! Love! xo

    ps. I have a new account, blog URL....too many issues with my old one so I am starting over!


    http://melissa-champagnewishes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness what gorgeous photos! I'm a new follower stopping in from FTLOBs. Happy St.Patty's day!
    http://my3littlebirds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore bubble tea! And like you, I get it whenever I can across it :) And I agree about the good stuff being so expensive! But lately, I've been making it a point to eat the good stuff...what's a few extra $$ when your health is on the line, no? Beautiful pictures! Can't wait to hit up my local farmer's market :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't you just love the Farmers Markets?! Beautiful pictures. I will miss ours here when we head back home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. your pictures are just beautiful! thanks for linking up so that i could find you! i can't wait for spring. it still feels way to cold for farmers markets around here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your farmer's market is beautiful! New follower from the hop!

    Frugally Green Mom

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your photos are amazing! They make me hungry;) I love the ones of your son and the processing on your beverage photo is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. isn't it so fun at the farmer's market....and you got theeee best photos my friend!~ gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These photos are amazing, I love the photos are your little one with the drink.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely shots. I love how pretty and bright all the veggies look. :)

    Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your farmers market series!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW - this is such a colorful post! LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!