Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today (March 22, 2011)

Outside my window... Chilly 45 degrees; It's been raining for days and we're ready for sunshine! Unfortunately, not going to happen until next week :(

I am thinking... Marines are too motivated and dedicated. My husband is in the last eight weeks of his class so all services are required to stay for seventh hour (extra school). And the Marines? Of course they take it to the next level! He now has mandatory study hall on Monday-Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. So on top of his marathon training, family time definitely took a hit :(

I am thankful for... a healthy 15-month old toddler

From the kitchen... leftover seafood Gumbo from last night

I am wearing... t-shirt, sweatshirt, pajamas

I am going... to make a list of the things I need to purchase to make my husband's birthday cake(s)

I am reading... Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider

I am hoping... naptime is easier and on-time today. Nathaniel did not nap until 6:15ish last night. He was fine but I can tell he was exhausted. We fully expected him to fall asleep in his high chair during dinner.

I am hearing... Silence :) Mornings are definitely "me" time.

Around the house... a new 12-cup food processor! I finally used the gift card my in-laws gave me last Christmas.

One of my favorite things... my still relatively new iPhone 4!

Inspired by the church song... Holy Ground; We have sang this song in Church for weeks in a row now and although I am ready to not sing it for a while (I know that sounds horrible!), it really has a great meaning.

"You are holy, God
A perfect and holy God.
We will come before You
With hearts made clean by Jesus' blood.

We are standing on holy ground,
And I know there are angels all around.
Let us praise Jesus now;"
We are standing in His presence on holy ground."

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • Hubby's birthday on Sunday! Birthday dinner with his co-workers/friends that evening
  • Potluck on Sunday
  • Baking two cakes, a cobbler and another dessert over the course of the weekend
Here is a picture I am sharing... 3.20.11 Nathaniel loves his puppy VERY much and often gives her hugs and kisses.



Linking up to: 

Comments

  1. I think you mean he loves MY puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your Husband has a wonderful Birthday...beautiful picture...I love that song.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!