Skip to main content

Recipe: Soft Garlic Breadsticks

I made Garlic Breadsticks a couple nights ago to go along with our carry-out pizza and I was beyond impressed with how well these turn out. They were so soft and delicious with just the right amount of garlic flavor.

They taste just like the ones you get from the restaurants!

This recipe is adapted from All Recipes but with some minor changes. The direction states to use a bread machine and since I don't own one, I made them the old fashion way. I personally like doing it this way anyway because I think the bread taste better and I just love proofing yeast and kneading the dough :)

Makes 16-20 breadsticks

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/8 cups water (70 to 80 degrees F)
  • 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • 3 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh (or dry) basil
  • 3 cups bread flour
  • 1 tablespoon butter, melted

Directions:

In a small bowl, combine water, sugar and yeast. Stir and and leave for 10 minutes to dissolve.

In a separate large bowl, combine oil, grated cheese, garlic powder, salt and basil. Add the yeast mixture. Add flour one cup at a time. If the dough seems too dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of water.

Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Return the dough to the bowl, cover, and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1-2 hours.


When the dough has doubled in size, punch down the dough with your first. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for a few minutes. Divide into 16-20 portions and shape each into a ball. Roll each ball into a 9 inch rope and place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes to an hour.


Bake at a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Brush warm breadsticks with butter and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.


   Dr. Laura's Tasty Tuesday Blog Hop at WhoIsLaura.com   CreativeShareWednesdays

  

Comments

  1. You are awesome. I want to be more like you. I'm kind of a lazy mom (lazy mom is one of my new favorite blogs, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to make these tonight! Will go nicely with the homemade pizza :) Thanks girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I am your newest follower from the blog hop! LOVELY blog:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
    Take a peek at my giveaways when you come by. I have 7 going on now and everything is handmade and GORGEOUS:) Happy Holidays!!
    Your son is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diana,

    I found your blog from Home Grown Families. I love it! I love your latest pictures--I have a little boy too. (He turned two in August.) Oh, and I love garlic bread sticks...Yum! Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy breadsticks!!

    Hi there, I'm blog hopping today! I'm a new follower - I found you on Home Grown Families. I have a food blog that is geared towards making healthy and fun kids lunches, and I'm a Blogger.com 'Blog of Note'. I hope you'll follow me back -

    http://bentobloggy.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your breadsticks look very delicious. The quality of your photos is excellent. What type of camera do you use, if you don't mine me asking?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be back for more of these recipes.. they all look delish!! my hubs just drooled over these sticks here :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!