Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today (April 19, 2011)


Outside my window... Drizzly and chilly 54 degrees

I am thinking... maybe I should have breastfed longer. Now that I don't have that extra calorie burning, the pounds are slowly (but oh so surely!) creeping in, even if I had started working out three times a week.

I am thankful for... my husband and his dedication to serve. Two years tomorrow since he left for USMC bootcamp!

From the kitchen... leftover Triple Cheese-Spinach Manicotti. It was yummy!

I am wearing... t-shirt, hoodie, pajamas

I am going... to try P90X Kenpo today.

I am reading... Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson

I am hoping... to make it to the Area wide Ladies' Devotional tonight. I wish I could just leave Nathaniel with his Daddy so I could go alone but he has to go to study hall tonight, too.

I am hearing... birds chirping outside.

Around the house... Nathaniel's Easter basket goodies. I hope to make it to Michaels soon so I could buy him an actual easter basket.

One of my favorite things... successfully making homemade things. I made fruit roll-ups (out of real fruit) yesterday and they taste and look just like the store bought-kind, except without the preservatives, chemicals, or added sugar!

Inspired by the church song... The Servant Song

"Brother, let me be your servant;
Let me be as Christ to you.
Pray that I might have the grace
To let you be my servant, too.

I will hold the Christ-light for you
In the night time of your fear.
I will hold my hand out to you;
Speak the peace you long to hear."

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • Doctor's appointment on Wednesday
  • Family party on Saturday
  • Easter Sunday!
  • Potluck at Church on Sunday
  • Still in discussion: potluck-type dinner at our house with Hubby's co-workers on Sunday
Here is a picture I am sharing... My husband left this up on his computer to let me know which motorcycle he hopes to own someday. Unfortunately for him (fortunately for me!), it won't happened until after upgrading our main vehicle (to an SUV or minivan [he hates minivans, while I'm for it]), getting a larger truck for him, and maybe this for me? :) I can dream, right?


MRSP: $7,299


Linking up to:

Comments

  1. That manicotti sounds delicious! And yes, I wish that I was still breastfeeding for the calorie burning too. It was too easy to gain once I stopped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful blog you have! Chicken Adobo is so delicious and I am so excited to learn many more filipino recipes. :)

    I'd love to learn how to make homemade fruit rollups! Let me know if you blog the recipe! Also, Kenpo is one of my favorite workouts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I'm your newest follower! Can't wait to try your Puto! I should suprise Husband with them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!