Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today (April 6, 2011)

Outside my window... Sunny 53 degrees

I am thinking... about making this Spiced Carrot Cake to take to church tonight but I currently don't have plain-yogurt :(

I am thankful for... a curious toddler. Most of the time.

From the kitchen... leftover Chicken and Mushroom Marsala---except, it's really Chicken and Mushroom Cabernet Souvignon since I didn't have Marsala wine on hand. It's a new recipe and definitely a keeper!

I am wearing... t-shirt, lounging pants

I am going... to start Nathaniel's laundry after this.

I am reading... Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider

I am hoping... to submit our application for base housing in Texas soon. We got our orders last week and we're moving at the end of May!

I am hearing... Nathaniel laughing

Around the house... a toddler happily bouncing on his bouncer. Silly boy.

One of my favorite things... sitting on grass on a warm sunny day

Inspired by the church song... Our God, He is Alive

"Our God, whose Son upon a tree,
A life was willing there to  give.
That He from sin might set man free,
And evermore with Him could live.

There is a God, He is alive,
In Him we live and we survive;
From dust our God created man,
He is our God, the great I AM."

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • San Antonio Lake with church friends this Saturday if weather permits

Here is a picture I am sharing... Behind the scenes of my first photo-shoot: Three Marine mommies and their babies



Linking up to: 

Comments

  1. Loved reading your daybook. The lyrics of the song are beautiful.

    I'm a new GFC follower.

    I hope your trip to the lake is full of sunshine and joy!

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!