Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today (February 22, 2011)


Outside my window... Sunny 48 degrees

I am thinking... about what I should bring for the potluck on Sunday.

I am thankful for... an extra day with Hubby yesterday. Yay for extended weekends!

From the kitchen... Slow Cooker Creamy Split Pea soup for dinner tonight

I am wearing... t-shirt, jeans

I am going... to the Commissary to buy whole milk for the little guy.

I am reading... leisure: none; Daily Devotional Bible: 1 Kings and John

I am hoping wishing... it's March 12th already! That is when our contract with Verizon Wireless ends and we are switching to AT&T. My and Dean's phones are waaaay over two years old and we desperately need new ones. My phone won't charge unless you hold it and you cannot make phone calls or send text messages with Dean's or else it turns off. We need new phones! 


I am hearing... Nathaniel playing with his Glow Seahorse. A few weeks ago, he developed a fear of it (running away screaming whenever it's turned on) and just today, he cannot stop pressing its belly.

Around the house... newly delivered Pampers diapers from Amazon

One of my favorite things... my son's laugh when he is being tickled :)

Inspired by the church song... Ten Thousand Angels

"They bound the hands of Jesus in the garden where He prayed
They led Him thru the streets in shame.
They spat upon the Savior so pure and free from sin;
They said 'Crucify Him; He's to blame.'

He could have called ten thousand angels,
To destroy the world and set Him free.
He could have called then thousand angels,
But He died alone, for you and me."

A few plans for the rest of the week...

  • Four-day work week!
  • (?) Dinner with church ladies on Friday to celebrate a birthday
  • Potluck at Church on Sunday
  • Dean also has an official Marine Corps event to attend on Sunday

Here is a picture I am sharing... 2.20.11 Warrior Princess. A new "program" at our church for girls ages 6-16.

Edited using LR3 then ran CoffeeShop Simple Vintage action in CS5
See SOOC here

Linking up to:
Paper Heart Camera: Touch Up Tuesday

Comments

  1. Love that last photo! Beautiful processing! Thanks so much for sharing your link with me on Facebook!

    -Jamie
    My Baking Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet photos for a sweet post. lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo!! And I always look forward to this post too! ;-)

    We had a great weekend and I can a link to their website. It was a ton of fun! At the end they have a petting zoo (I didn't do that b/c that is more kids and I don't have kids haha.

    I'm glad I made your Nurseheart happy. ;-) I love my helmet. I wouldn't stop wearing it! haaha


    I hope y'all had a good weekend and got to go to SF.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!