Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today (February 8, 2011)


Outside my window... Sunny 54 degrees

I am thinking... if we had decided to stay with Verizon Wireless, I would be an iPhone owner now! Alas, I must patiently wait until March when our contract ends and make the switch to AT&T.

 
I am thankful for... two vehicles completely paid off! My husband's truck is scheduled to be paid off the middle of this year but we went ahead and used some of our tax refund to pay it off now. What a great feeling!

 
From the kitchen... leftover Filipino-style Spaghetti. I've been craving it for weeks and we finally made it for dinner last night. Yum!

I am wearing... shirt, cardigan, lounging pants

I am going... to fold laundry after this. Blah!

I am reading... leisure: none; Daily Devotional Bible: 2 Samuel and John

 
I am hoping... to bake something Valentine-related food soon.

I am hearing... Sesame Street.

 
Around the house... toys, toys, toys.

One of my favorite things... dark chocolate

Inspired by the church song... Seek Ye First

"Man shall not live by bread alone,
But by every word
that precedes from the mouth of God
Alleu, Alleluia

Seek ye first the kingdom of God,
And His righteousness,
And all this things shall be added onto you,
Alleu, Alleluia"

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • (?) Dinner at a German restaurant with Dean's coworkers on Friday to celebrate a birthday
  • Early Valentine's Day dinner with Hubby and Nathaniel since Dean will be on immersion :(
  • Date with my little man on Monday. We're going to get Pho. Yum!

Here is a picture I am sharing... 2.08.11 Nathaniel and I went to the playground yesterday.
 
SOOC
 
Cropped, straightened and exposure edited in Lightroom 3; ran Nelly Nero's I Fake Film action (removed some and edited opacity of the layers) and then ran PW's Soft and Faded action (also removed some and edited opacity of the layers), resized and watermarked
 
 
Linking up to:
Paper Heart Camera: Touch Up Tuesday

Comments

  1. such a cute picture! I love your edit, it really made the colors pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, this is cute! What is it about teensy kids' backsides that are so adorable? I love the clarity and colors - great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Simple Woman's Daybook. I always try and visit a few who have their links near mine.

    Adorable little boy.
    I also like Dark Chocolate... unfortunately I like every kind of chocolate. Congrats on paying off the vehicle. Great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute shot! great post processing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute photo with those green pants!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!