Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today (February 15, 2011)


Outside my window... Cloudy 59 degrees

I am thinking... Nathaniel is fourteen months old today!

I am thankful for... a year of free Starz! They have been in business for 30 years so as a thank you, Dish Network subscribers get their channels for free until February 2012. We have always had premium channels (HBO and Cinemax) but in a effort to save money, we canceled our subscription last year.

From the kitchen... HUGE leftover of the humongous heart-shaped cookie we baked last Sunday.

I am wearing... blouse, cardigan, jeans

I am going... to Target sometime today to check out their Valentine's day clearance.

I am reading... leisure: none; Daily Devotional Bible: 1 Kings and John

I am hoping... to watch About a Boy tonight. My husband said it's a great movie so he recorded it for me.

I am hearing... Nathaniel playing with our dog.

Not around the house... a Hubby and a Daddy. Can't wait for him to come home soon.

One of my favorite things... sleeping in. Too bad I can't do that anymore.

Inspired by the church song... I Walk with the King

"I walk with the King tho dark be the way,
He is the true light, the Kingdom of day;
Someday on yon shore I'll hear His voice say,
'Come home, you're my child; 'tis evening, past day.'

I walk with the King thru pastures so green,
By quiet waters still to do His good will;
He lighteth the way from darkness to day;
I'll hold to His hand, I walk with the King."

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • Area wide Ladies' devotional at our church tonight
  • Dean comes home tomorrow!
  • Four-dayish weekend (Hubby still has to go to work on Friday and it's apparently going to be a long day)
  • (?) San Jose/San Francisco this weekend

Here is a picture I am sharing... 2.14.11 My little Valentine and I went out on date yesterday for some Pho soup. We really missed Hubby/Daddy, though!



 Ran Dirty Money preset in LR3; edited exposure, brightness, etc.

  
Linking up to:
Paper Heart Camera: Touch Up Tuesday

Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a great day nonetheless. Hopefully you get some time with your hubs soon! I absolutely love your captures of your little man slurping his Pho Soup! Absolutely adorable.

    Thanks for sharing part of that Church song! I absolutely love it! I hope you're having a great day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Love pho. Nathaniel looks like he does! Yay for the free Starz channels, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 14mth olds to Nathaniel! Love that pho noodle picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pics! now i want some pho which reminds me there is a new pho restaurant i have to try that's closer to my house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! Your blog is amazing :) Makes me want to eat the computer screen! Lovely photos & lovely blog posts sweet lady! I can't wait to come back & learn a little about you :]
    ~Angel www.livinginaperrytale.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!