Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today (February 1, 2011)


Outside my window... Chilly but sunny 46 degrees. A lot different compared to the ice stormS Indianapolis is experiencing right now!

I am thinking... how quickly our time here in Monterey is coming to an end. My sister already put in her vacation request so she and her family can visit us in our next duty station! We still have months left here but I'm sure they were go by so fast. I am ready for new adventure but I tear up just thinking about painting over Nathaniel's nursery that my husband worked so hard to design. And moving on to our new duty station means we're getting pretty close to deployment :( 

I am thankful for... my husband being stateside and with us.

From the kitchen... leftover delicious, flaky, and soft homemade biscuits from dinner last night. Yum!

I am wearing... long sleeve shirt, pjs 

I am going... to fold Nathaniel's clean laundry after this. 

I am reading... leisure: none; Daily Devotional Bible: 2 Samuel and John

I am hoping... to go to the Commissary this afternoon. I know I mentioned this last week but I never went! On the other hand, we've been cleaning off our pantry and freezer.

I am hearing... Dora the Explorer.

Around the house... toys. Never ending.

One of my favorite things... Almond Kisses :)

Inspired by the church song... Unto Thee, O Lord

"Remember not the sins of my youth,
Remember not the sins of my youth.
O my God, I trust in Thee!
Let me not be ashamed,
Let not my enemies triumph over me!"

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • Hoping to attend the monthly Marine wives meeting on Thursday
  • "Mandatory fun" at Hubby's work on Saturday
  • Super Bowl Sunday!

Here is a picture I am sharing...10.29.08 Dean's dog Pandora was put to sleep last Friday due to a relatively large tumor on her stomach. She was a very sweet and loving dog and we miss her very much.

 Linking up to:

Comments

  1. You have a lovely blog. Soooo sorry about your dog. We are Cocker Spaniel people and had the second of our two put down last April. Miss him (both of them) a lot. Love your positive attitude about moving and your honesty. We've got military in our family.... we understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww so sorry about Pandora. Amazing how much our pets become part of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just awarded you with the Stylish Blogger Award!!! You can go to my blog for the details!
    Much Love,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!