Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today (July 5, 2011)


Outside my window...
dark 97 degrees

I am thinking...
about how uninspired I am with blogging and photography recently :( I hope to get out of this state soon since there are quite a few events I want/need to document (as far as May!) and my P365 is starting to suffer.

I am thankful for...
our freedom. And being part of the people that gives just a little bit more than others to keep that freedom.

From the kitchen...
Homemade Peach Pie. It was a last minute decision to add it to the 4th of July festivities and also my first attempt at fruit pies. I don't really like fruit pies but this was sooo delicious.

I am wearing...
tank top, shorts

I am going...
to sleep!

I am reading...
One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp

I am hoping...
Nathaniel is officially back to his awesome nighttime sleeping habits. Since moving to our new place, it's been quite a task putting him to bed: rocking to sleep, constant consoling, crying in the middle of the night and getting up super early. It has been better for the last few nights and I hope I didn't just jinx it. But then again, we're going to Indiana in less than a week and that will surely throw off his routing again.

I am hearing...
silence. Everyone is in bed.

Around the house...
well, there will be a new washer and dryer within the next few days! We finally replaced the W&D I bought with my sign-on bonus as a new graduate/registered nurse back in 2007.

One of my favorite things...
seeing Nathaniel experience new things. It was his first fireworks last night and he truly enjoyed watching it. Best part: his little voice going, "Coooool!"

Inspired by the church song...
Here I Am, Lord

"I will break their hearts of stone,

Give them hearts for love alone.
I will speak My words to them.
Whom shall I send?

Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if You lead me;
I will hold Your people in my heart."

A few plans for the rest of the week...

  • Washer and Dryer are being delivered on Thursday
  • Indiana bound on Sunday!
Here is a picture I am sharing... 7.04.11 Fireworks show at Lake Nasworthy




Linking up to:

Comments

  1. Joining you from Simple Woman's Daybook. I enjoyed your post. I also love, "Here I am Lord". Peach - pie, muffins, cobbler, cake, ice-cream (just about anything peach) is my favorite, including fruit. I'm sure it was a hit at your celebration. Thank you to your husband (and you) for serving our nation.

    My husband is retired Navy but put 12 of the 22 years with the Marines.

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song when I was in high school.I belong to a Choir. It just reminds me of my high school memories.belated 4th to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am your newest follower from the blog hop. You have a great blog and i am wanting to know more about how to make this peach pie. follow me back at onesweetstory.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your daybook entry!!! I so need to stay up on my daybook stuff. Anyways, I am commenting you today to let you know that you are my Super-Blogger of the week for Friend Finding Friday. It is up live now! Have a great weekend!

    xo, Supermom Alysha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!