Skip to main content

Third Year Anniversary

Today is our wedding anniversary. It has been three years since that gorgeous sunset at a beautiful garden where I vowed my life to be eternally intertwined to the man God has created just for me. This man---my partner in crime, my best friend, my happiness---allowed me to become what God had intended and designed me to be: a wife and a mother. He is by no means perfect but he is perfect for me. He is strong when I am weak. He is rational when I'm emotional. He is silly when I'm serious. And he is forgiving when I have wronged.

And everyday, life with him is so much more enjoyable and interesting. It is so much more challenging but bearable at the same. There is just so much more love and happiness. Life with him is perfect. My heaven on earth. My happiness.

And for that? I am forever grateful.



2010
Today is our second year wedding anniversary. This past year opened many new chapters for us: life as a military family, a new home 2000+ miles away from our family and friends, and new roles as parents. But one thing remained constant and made even stronger: our loyalty and love for each other. I could not think of a better partner to share this life with and I thank God every day for blessing me with his companionship.
Happy anniversary to my beloved;
my forever best friend, father of my child, and the reason for my happiness.



2009
Although I would give anything to have my husband with me on this special day, I understand why he isn't. It has been a long journey and required a lot of praying for me to be able to say those words. I'm ashamed to admit that I begged my husband not go to MCRD San Diego just a few feet away for the secured area of the Indianapolis Airport. At the time, I have not fully accepted the decision he had made for our family. But I put a fake brave face, kissed my husband goodbye and watched his airplane take off. But inside, I was full of anger. A lot of anger. So what's an angry, lonely married woman got to do? Look at the good ol' times. Our wedding pictures. It was then that I was reminded of our actual wedding day. How during the Declaration of Intent, my will be brother-in-law at the time stated that through marriage, Dean and I will make a commitment together to face disappointments, embrace dreams, realize hopes, and accept each other's failures. That during our vows, we promised to love, comfort, honor, and keep each other through the good times and the bad. How I vowed that with God's guidance, I will always obey my husband. So then, anger begins to leave my little broken heart slowly but surely. I can now say that I sincerely support my husband for the decision he made for us with no trace of anger in me. Just like the decision to marry each other, the decision to join the Corp was not taken lightly but was taken solemnly and advisedly. And I'm proud to say that a year later I can still say that I have found my happiness.  

And my happiness is in San Diego.


2008
Today, I will declare my love in front of family, friends, and God. This day, I will marry the man that God has chosen and prepared for me. He is by no means perfect for God still has great plans for him. This man, whose name will become my own identity, is competitive, easily angered, and could be the greatest procrastinator. But I will still follow his lead, respect, and honor him for we have God to guide us both through this journey. And because this same man is also the reason for the constant happiness in my life. The one who continues to believe in me even when I have given up faith in myself. The one who gives me hope when I feel helpless. The one that loves me first before his own. Faith. Hope. And Love. And so this day marks the beginning of forever for I have found my happiness. My happily ever after. Today is my wedding day.

"...A man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one." Matthew 19:5-6


Linking up to:

Leigh vs. Laundry: 52 Weeks of Happiness
 Communal Global: Tuesdays Around the World

Comments

  1. Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful picture - your love gives me hope! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! Happy 3rd anniversary to both of you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture! You guys look so gorgeous! Happy 3rd anniversary and wish you guys more and more and more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww. What a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your anniversary! This was a lovely tribute.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary! Here's to many, many more happy years!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! And to many more!! Love that pic of you guys :) you look like a perfect couple and so much in love :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! You are such a cute little family! I wish you many more years of wedded bliss! Thank you, and your husband for his service to our country!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary!!...love your post,your wording is fantastic,your blog helped spread some happiness.
    I'm new follower visiting from The Happiness Project(Leigh vs Laundry)
    ~Jo
    LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary! Aren't we so lucky to have love in our lives?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!