Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today (May 24, 2011)


Outside my window... Sunny but chilly 50 degrees and my last daybook in Seaside, CA

I am thinking... about the "family," friends, and life we have created here. It has been a good two years.

I am thankful for... opportunities and new beginnings

From the kitchen... sooooo much food. For the last couple days, I've been cooking and baking everything that is perishable in our fridge and pantry.

I am wearing... jeans, blouse, cardigan

I We are going... to dinner one last time with friends tonight.

I am reading... nothing :(

I am hoping... our cross-country trip goes smoothly. This is Nathaniel's first long road trip and we're armed with a newly gifted portable DVD player from his Lola (grandmother [my mom]).

I am hearing... the dryer. Trying to wash everything so we don't have to bring/pack dirty laundry.

Around the house... mess-ish. Our packed stuff on one side of the house, wires unplugged, soooo much food in the kitchen, etc.

One of my favorite things... sleep, which I'm very low of currently. Hubby and I were up past 1am packing and setting everything up for TMO and they are still not here. I've been up 2+ hours thinking they will arrive early.

Inspired by the church song scripture... James 4:10 "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up." (Great song, too!)

A few plans for the rest of the week...

  • TMO is packing our house today
  • Begin four-day road trip to Indiana on Wednesday
  • Mom's birthday on Sunday
  • Memorial Day with family!
Here is a (iPhone) picture I am sharing... 5.24.10 Diapers, wipes, military uniform, civilian clothes, pillows, air mattress, toiletries, cleaning supplies, human and dog food, toys, pots and pans, important files and paperwork, etc. I think we're overdoing it a little bit. Last time we moved, we lived for two weeks with nothing. No cooking stuff, no pillows, no towels, etc! We don't want that to happen again especially with a toddler. Thankfully, we're driving two vehicles to fit all these.





Linking up to:

Comments