Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today (May 3, 2011)


Outside my window... Chilly but sunny 52 degrees

I am thinking... how May is my favorite month of the year! It means:
  • final exams and end of school for those who are still in school;
  • Mother's Day and for me now, too!;
  • Our wedding anniversary (three years this year!); I used to request two weeks vacation when I used to work);
  • My Mom's birthday (and three days later, my sister's);
  • Memorial Day and Indy 500
  • and the true beginning of Spring and warmer weather (and not too hot, not too cold), which is my favorite season. I just love the blooming flowers!

I am thankful for... being able to spend this Memorial Day at our hometown with our family and friends (Lord willing).

From the kitchen... FOUR loads of clean laundry (our washer and dryer are in the kitchen area, too). What the heck? I don't know how that happened and why I got so behind. All I know is that when I woke up yesterday there were only two small loads and by the time I went to bed there were four.

I am wearing... hoodie, pajamas

I am going... to the Commissary tonight to do our bi-weekly grocery shopping.

I am reading... Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson

I am hoping/praying... Hubby does well on his OPI (speaking) test today. He should be taking it right now as I'm writing this post. He developed a nasty cold yesterday and still pretty sore from the marathon last Sunday.

I am hearing... dogs barking from really far away.

Around the house... children's acetaminophen and ibuprofen; Nathaniel's been developing a 101+ fever late in the afternoon again and has been since Sunday evening.

One of my favorite things... snugly sick baby boy. I don't like that Nathaniel's sick or when he's too clingy and I need to do housework but I love when he looks at me with his sad, puppy eyes like he's asking me to make him feel better. I also know these moments will be over soon before I know it.

Inspired by the church song... Hallelujah, Praise Jehovah

"Hallelujah, praise Jehovah!
From the heavens praise His name;
Praise Jehovah in the highest;
All His angels praise proclaim,
All His hosts together praise Him,
Sun and moon and stars on high;
Praise Him, O ye heav'n of heavens,
And ye floods above the sky.

Let them praises give Jehovah,
For His name alone is high,
And His glory is exalted,
And His glory is exalted,
And His glory is exalted,
Far above the earth and sky!"

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • Hubby takes his OPI today (first of three exams)
  • Will try to go to the Commander's Cup at Hubby's work tomorrow
  • My second Mother's Day this Sunday!
Here is a picture I am sharing... 5.09.10 My first Mother's Day with my sweet itty bitty boy; Nathaniel was almost five months old.



Linking up to:

Comments

  1. I enjoyed reading your Daybook. Congratulations on your baby boy. He is adorable! Happy Mother's Day, and Happy Anniversary, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's a really sweet photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. May is GREAT month! ... but I'm biased, mother's day and my birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!