Skip to main content

Defense Language Institute

After sixty-four grueling weeks of Arabic learning, my husband graduated with honors this past Thursday from the Defense Language Institute. He also received his Associate's Degree in Arabic and we could not be more proud of him!


Receiving his Associate's Degree

Receiving his diploma for completing the Arabic language course


My mom and his best friend came to town for the graduation. I was so happy and thankful that they were here for this joyous occasion.





On to the next thing. We're moving in a few days!

Comments

  1. What a difficult language to learn! When we first moved to Japan I was thinking that with my language background I could probably figure out some words...if they only used the same alphabet. But in Arabic the alphabet is different AND you have to read backwards! What an accomplishment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Arabic!! WOW that is sure a big accomplishment. I am sure it will help him having that skill throughout his life. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! My husband went to Language school too! what it was for Pashto. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!