Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today (January 18, 2011)

Outside my window... Sunny 48 degrees

I am thinking... it will be eight years tomorrow since my husband and I officially started dating.

I am thankful for... my generous husband :)

From the kitchen... nothing out of the ordinary. I guess that also means I need to start thinking about dinner.

I am wearing... red t-shirt, jeans

I am going... to eat breakfast.

I am reading... leasure: none; Daily Devotional Bible---currently in 2 Samuel and John

I am hoping... this rash that showed up on Nathaniel's face and belly is nothing serious :( I've already given him Benadryl almost three hours ago but it's not getting any better.

I am hearing... Nathaniel playing.

Around the house... toys. We've only been up for less than three hours but toys are already everywhere!

One of my favorite things... watching my son entertain himself by playing and exploring. He's growing up into such a curious little man.

Inspired by the church song... Sing to Me of Heaven

"Sing to me of heaven, sing that song of peace,
From the toils that bind me it will bring release;
Burdens will be lifted that are pressing so,
Showers of great blessing o'er my heart will flow.

Sing to me of heaven, let me fondly dream
Of its golden glory, of its pearly gleam;
Sing to me when shadows of the evening fall,
Sing to me of heaven, sweetest song of all!"

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • Four-day work week
  • Install Nathaniel's big boy car seat when it arrives tomorrow

Here is a picture I am sharing... May 2003: Prom (my senior year; Dean's junior year)





Photobucket

Comments

  1. That's a great photo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. High school sweethearts, huh? That makes for a good love story!

    =)

    PS. I messed up my link tbis week. Here's the right one:
    Good Friends Last Forever

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband was my childhood sweetheart aswell. That's a lovely photo of you both together all those years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet. Makes my heart smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this post. You find joy in small things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!