Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today (January 4, 2011)

Outside my window... Sunny 36 degrees in Indianapolis.

I am thinking... how great it has been to be with our extended family and friends these past few weeks.

I am thankful for... alone time with my son.

From the kitchen... banana bread I baked for my mom, which is her favorite bread

I am wearing... black sleeveless top, green cardigan, jeans.

I am going... nowhere. Nathaniel and I already went to JoAnn this morning since we don't have one in Monterey.

I am reading... nothing :(

I am hoping/praying... our trip back to California this Saturday is stree- and cry-free!

I am hearing... Nathaniel making raspberry noises in front of my mom's dog.

Around the house... two cats and one dog; Nathaniel loves being surrounded with so many animals!

One of my favorite things... warm brownie with a scoop of ice cream. I made some last night for dessert.

Inspired by the church song... (Italics are sang by males)

Let me live (Let me live)
Close to Thee (Close to Thee)
Take my hand (Guide)
Dear Lord, and guide me (me all)
All along the rugged way (along the way)
Let me live (Let me live)
Close to Thee (Close to Thee)
Let me walk and talk with Thee
(Let me walk)
Dear Lord, each day (close to Thee each day)

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • Spending time with my nephew tomorrow (an entire day with two toddlers? Oh boy!)
  • Spending more time with family and friends before we live
  • Fly back to California on Saturday morning

Here is a picture I am sharing... 1.03.11 Nathaniel pretending to talk on the phone


   Sweet Shot Day  

Comments

  1. I enjoyed time with extended family over the holidays too. Such a blessing. “Nowhere” is one of my favorite places to go. I love staying at home. :-) Now I’m humming “Let Me Live” in my head. A good song! Such a cute picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when they pretend to do big people things. It's so cold there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like an absolutely perfect week : ) Seriously! Have fun with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are enjoying time with your family!

    Blessings to you!
    Jill
    http://fnaphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a fantastic time with your family..enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it funny how early they learn what a phone is?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww what a cute shot! Love it :)

    K xx

    www.thoseblissmoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!