Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today (January 11, 2011)

Outside my window... Cloudy 46 degrees

I am thinking... how much progress Nathaniel did during our three-week vacation in Indy: three molars and beginning to master walking and talking!

I am thankful for... a walking toddler :) It's good to know I won't be lugging around an almost twenty-pound boy soon.

From the kitchen... my new Vera Bradley apron from my mom :) Now, I'm really domesticated!

I am wearing... purple t-shirt, gray cardigan, pajamas

I am going... to make bread to go along with our leftover soup from last night.

I am reading... still nothing. I haven't even picked up my Daily Devotional Bible either :(

I am hoping... we all feel better soon! Hubby, baby, and I all have stuffy runny noses, sore throats, and cough. We're quite a sight.

I am hearing... Nathaniel playing.

Around the house... two loads of clean laundry that needs folding

One of my favorite things... eating soup when you're sick. We've had soup for two dinners in a row (Sunday: Chicken Porridge; Monday: Zuppa Toscana)

Inspired by the church song... This song always makes me tear up.

"This world is not my home, I'm just a passing through
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore!

Oh Lord, You know I have no friend like You,
If heaven's not my home, then Lord what will I do?
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door,
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore!"

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • I need to pick up a few things at the store for Nathaniel: baby wipes, lotion for his super dry skin, magnetic alphabets for the refrigerator, re-purchase the potty training seat my mom gave him for Christmas (we returned it in Indiana and will now be using that gift card to buy it again here in CA).
  • Four-dayish weekend with Hubby! (His company still requires him to go to work this Friday).

Here is a picture I am sharing... 1.08.11 The morning we left to go back to California. My nephew Daniel spent the night with us again. This would be the boys' second sleepover :)

Nice hair, dudes.


Comments