Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook


The Simple Woman's Daybook
For Today (December 14, 2010)

Outside my window... Rainy 59 degrees

I am thinking... my baby boy is turning one year old tomorrow. I am both thrilled and sad at the same time.

I am thankful for... being a mother. It is the most difficult role and job I've ever done but it is also one of the most rewarding and fulfilling ones.

NOT From the kitchen... my homemade braided loaf. We had the Griffins over last night for dinner and we ate the entire loaf of bread. It was delicious and thinking about making it again today.

I am wearing... Indiana University long sleeves, denims

I am going... to the Commissary to buy the ingredients for Nathaniel's birthday cake and food for the party tomorrow.

I am reading... for leisure: none; The Daily Devotional Bible---currently at 1 Samuel and the gospel of John

I am hoping... Nathaniel starts feeling better soon. He had a fever last night and just a slight temp this morning. We think it could be due to his one year molars.

I am hearing... Nathaniel eating his snacks.

Around the house... Nathaniel's gift for his birthday perfectly wrapped by his Daddy :)

One of my favorite things... staying inside the house and watching movies when it's raining outside. But alas, I can't do that right now :(

Inspired by the church song...
"For all that You've done
I will thank You for all what You're going to do
For all that You've promised and all that You are
Is all that has carried me through
Jesus, I thank You.

And I thank You, thank You, Lord!
(Thank You, thank You, Lord!)
Thank You for loving and setting me free
Thank You for giving Your life just for me
(Oh) How I thank You
Jesus, I thank You
Gratefully thank You
Thank You!"

A few plans for the rest of the week...

  • Nathaniel turns one tomorrow!
  • Small cake and ice cream get together with friends for Nathaniel's birthday
  • Christmas party with Hubby's class on Thursday then Exodus begins!
  • Pack our luggage, Christmas presents, etc.
  • Indiana-bound on Sunday :)
  • Start getting ready for Nathaniel's birthday party in Indiana

Here is a picture I am sharing... The devoured braided loaf'

Comments

  1. Happy early Birthday to Nathaniel!
    Following you back from the blog hop - thanks for the comment & follow!
    ~Erika
    Musings from a Stay At Home Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (early) birthday to Nathaniel, and kisses from Cadence!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!