Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook


The Simple Woman's Daybook
For Today (December 7, 2010)

Outside my window... Sunny 61 degrees

I am thinking... how crazy last night was! Justin came over to watch the Patriots-Jets game and they left the house around 2230 so Hubby can drop him back off to the base. FOUR hours later: called his entire class, talked to his fire team and squad leader at two in the morning---the jerk(!) finally showed up. Dean didn't bring his phone because it was charging and it was only supposed to be a quick trip. And Justin wasn't answering his phone either. I couldn't decide if I should cry or get really angry. Apparently, they got into a biblical conversation and Dean took the opportunity and both lost track of time. Well, I was just a liiiiiitle worried (and upset once I found out he's ok) so I sort of yelled and said "Now isn't the time!" And the jerk said "Well, when is?" I realized he was right so now I feel like the jerk :(

I am thankful for... winning Simplicity's photo challenge last week AND Monday's giveaway ($20 Target gift card). Double yay!

From the kitchen... homemade cheesy garlic bread sticks. They are dAH-li-cious!

I am wearing... lime green top, black pants

I am going... to pick up the mail. I wonder whose Christmas card we'll receive first this year.

I am re-reading... Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I am hoping/praying... Hubby does well on his DLPT tomorrow and Thursday

I am hearing... Food Network in the background

Around the house In the kitchen... empty Pizza Hut box from the game last night.

One of my favorite things... snuggling with my almost one year old baby boy. Recently, he insists upon cuddling before taking a nap or going to bed.

Inspired by the church song...
"Lord, You are more precious than silver.
Lord, You are more costly than gold.
Lord, You are more beautiful than diamonds,
And nothing I desire compares to You.

Lord, Your love is higher than mountains.
Lord, Your love is deeper than seas.
Lord, Your love encompasses the nations,
And yet, You live right here inside of me!"

A few plans for the rest of the week...

  • Hubby takes his DLPT (exam) tomorrow and Thursday (yikes!)
  • Marine Spouses monthly meeting on Thursday
  • Babysitting a 3 month old baby boy on Thursday and Friday (this should be interesting...)
  • Going away party for two Marine wives on Monday

Here is a picture I am sharing... My recent favorite photo of my two handsome boys.

     Sweet Shot Day

Comments

  1. Great photo! I really like your blog post too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great shot! Your boys are indeed handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Capture! Thanks for your sweet note!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on winning the photo challenge and yay for the gift card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, LOVE this post! I love the way it's set up...just fantastic! (Might have to store this idea away). :-) And the picture of your 2 guys...awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!