Skip to main content

7 Days of Thanks: Day 1 & 2

I am a day behind but I am joining a fellow mama/blogger with her 7 Days of Thanks. Hannah is encouraging us to blog everyday for seven days about something or someone we are thankful for. I hesitated at first because it seems like quite a commitment but then it hit me: coming up with ONLY seven things to be thankful for should not be such a difficult task---after all, I consider myself one blessed woman. And so, here are my Day 1 and Day 2 of 7 Days of Thanks.


Day 1: My own Family

I am thankful for my husband who is not only my life-partner but also my best friend. He knows how to comfort me and how to push my buttons. He provides for us, leads us, and tries to always put us as his top priority, which could be challenging when one is serving in the military. Dean is by no means perfect but he gives his all to be the best husband to me and father to our child.

May 16, 2008
by Kevin Monahan Photography

I am also thankful for my little boy. It has been such a blessing to be Nathaniel's earthly parent and being given the opportunity to raise a good person. He is not always easy to take care of (he can be very high maintenance sometimes!) but I take comfort in knowing that God has trusted me with Nathaniel knowing full well that I am capable of raising a God-fearing child.


November 2010

Day 2: Being a Stay-at-Home Mom

I still look at my nurse and mommy friends and feel a little pang of jealousy that they are able to do both. I want to be a good mother and a good nurse. I want to raise my son and save a life. I want to do both. And then I realize that my job/role as a stay-at-home mother is not a right but a privilege. Not every mother can afford to stay at home full time and serve their husband and raise their children. And so even though we don't have very much money due to being a one-income family (from a military income even!), I trust that I am exactly where God wants me to be. I am trying to be grateful about being a SAHM 100% of every. single. day.---not 97% like most days.

These two are the best and worst bosses ever! :P

 

Comments

  1. I didn't know you had a Blogger until tonight. I know exactly how you feel about being a stay at home mom-- yes, we have 1/2 as much money, but being a SAHM is, like you said, something to be thankful for (and something that not every mom has the option of doing).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chose your photo as a top 5
    http://faith-simplicity.blogspot.com/2010/11/here-are-top-5-photos-from-last-weeks.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!