Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook


The Simple Woman's Daybook
For Today (November 23, 2010)

Outside my window... Rainy and cold 54 degrees

I am thinking... what a great idea it was to buy our Thanksgiving groceries last night. The Commissary is normally close on Mondays so a lot of people did not know they were open yesterday to give people extra time to go grocery shopping :)

I am thankful for... the base for giving us $50 commissary voucher. We used that money to buy food for Thanksgiving and in turn we're paying in forward by feeding eleven people (who would normally just eat at the chow hall).

From the kitchen... freshly made cheese balls---all ready for Thursday!

I am wearing... my white-water rafting shirt from West Virginia, pjs

I am going... to Michaels to look at cookie cutters

I am re-reading... Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

I am hoping... for no food mishaps!

I am hearing... The rain and wind outside

Around the house In the fridge... a 23 lbs turkey

One of my favorite things... cooking :)

Inspired by the church song... 
"Do you know my Jesus?
Do you know my friend?
Have you heard He loves you?
And that He will abide till the end?"

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • Bake the pies tonight
  • Start a few of the side dishes on Wednesday
  • Thanksgiving! (& shopping?)
  • Four day weekend with Hubby and a "mandatory fun" with his platoon on Sunday afternoon

Here is a picture I am sharing... 11.22.10 Nathaniel was eating ginger snap cookies and Daddy leaned over for a kiss. But Dean got this instead...
They make my heart so happy :)



Comments