Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook


The Simple Woman's Daybook
For Today (November 16, 2010)

Outside my window... Sunny 55 degrees

I am thinking... I need to finalize our Thanksgiving menu and start the grocery shopping list.

I am thankful for... my marriage. Today is our half-year wedding anniversary: 2.5 years and counting!

From the kitchen... homemade hummus and pita bread

I am wearing... Red blouse, shorts

I am going... to Goodwill to see if they have decent pie glass plates. I only have one and I'm making 2-3 pies for Thanksgiving.

I am reading... for leisure: none; The Daily Devotional Bible---currently at Ruth and Luke (plus Psalms & Proverbs of course)

I am hoping/praying... my cousin in the Philippines is starting to feel better. He was admitted in the hospital yesterday and we're still waiting to hear how he is doing now :(

I am hearing... Nathaniel is starting to get cranky. It is only 9:40am but he is already nearing the I-need-a-nap stage. We are still trying to adjust with the time change due to DST *sigh*

Around the house... an early Christmas present from Hubby: Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer!!!

One of my favorite things... discounts and deals.

Inspired by the church song...
"I have found a friend in Jesus, He's ev'rything to me,
He's the fairest of ten thousand to my soul;
The Lily of the Valley, in Him alone I see
All I need to cleanse and make me fully whole:
In sorrow He's my comfort, in trouble He's my stay;
He tells me ev'ry care on Him to roll;
He's the Lily of the Valley, the Bright and Morning Star,
He's the fairest of ten thousand to my soul!"

A few plans for the rest of the week... other than normal church activities/events tonight, Wednesday night and on Sunday, I have a Girl's Nite In with a few Marine spouses on Friday night

Here is a picture I am sharing... 11.14.10 I love his little chubby baby fingers :)


Comments