Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook

The Simple Woman's Daybook
For Today (October 26, 2010)

Outside my window... Sunny 54 degrees :) It rained all weekend so it's really good to see the sun out and shining!

I am thinking... besides my twice a day sweeping, I am not doing any other chores till Friday when Hubby comes home! :)

I am thankful for... text messaging :)

From the kitchen... homemade pumpkin bread---one of Dean's favorite breads. I wasn't fond of it until I tried this recipe. Now I love it just like he does!

I am wearing... Green shirt, shorts.

I am going... to the Commissary to pick up a few items but mainly to buy laundry detergent so I could wash our bedsheets, comforter, etc.

I am reading... Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella

I am hoping... Hubby is enjoying his time/learning a lot at his training.

I am hearing... Nathaniel playing with the doggie door trying to convince Riley to come back inside.

Not around the house... we put away Nathaniel's playmat for the party last Saturday and still debating if I want to put them back. It's not like he stays on them nowadays.

One of my favorite things... Nathaniel only wanting his mama when he wakes up from a nap :)

Inspired by the church song... "How sweet to hold a newborn baby, and feel the pride and joy he gives; But greater still the calm assurance: This child can face uncertain days because He lives! Because He lives, I can face tomorrow, Because He lives, all fear is gone; Because I know He holds the future, And life is worth the living, Just because He lives!"

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • Hubby comes home from a week-long language training in Southern California on Friday. This was one of the schedule conflicts I mentioned a while back so I couldn't continue taking the Wilton cake classes :(
  • I want to go to the Safety Spooktacular 2010 on Saturday at our off base housing
  • Halloween party at the Griffin's on Saturday evening
  • Pitch-in at Church on Sunday
  • If we're not too tired and Hubby is willing to give up Sunday Night Football, I would like to go to the 17th Annual Fall Festival at the base

Here is a picture I am sharing... 10.23.10; Fresh homemade-popped popcorn sprinkled with parmesan cheese. This taste sooo much better than movie theater popcorn!


Comments