Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook

The Simple Woman's Daybook
For Today (October 19, 2010)

Outside my window... Gloomy 52 degrees. But the sun is starting to peek out!

I am thinking... about our friend and fellow church member in Indiana who was admitted last Sunday to the unit where I used to work because of a brain aneurysm. Being oh too familiar with her situation (after all I did work at Neuro ICU for more than two years) I know that even though she is stable at the moment, she is not completely out of the woods till at least the next 10 days and still has a relatively long recovery after that.

I am thankful for... our good health.

From the kitchen... homemade cheese bread.

I am wearing... Floral t-shirt and dark blue pjs.

I am going... to fax a few paperwork to TriCare sometime today. We have been getting charged a co-pay on "non-traditional" appointments i.e. Nathaniel had a rash last August (as opposed to the expected well baby visits). Granted it's very little but one of the benefits of serving in the military is having no co-pay.

I am reading... Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult.

I am hoping wishing... Hubby didn't have a two-day immersion today! He won't be coming home till tomorrow at 1530 at the earliest.

I am hearing... Nathaniel playing with his Daddy's Combat Lifesaver book. Ooops, I probably should stop him.

Around the house... toys, toys, toys! Nathaniel just emptied his toy box all over the living room.

One of my least favorite things... spiders! A daddy long legs spider just dropped next to the monitor. Ick!!!!

Inspired by the church song... "This world is not my home, I'm just passing through; My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue; The angels beckon me from heaven's open door; And I can't feel at home in this world anymore. O Lord you know I have no friend like You; If Heaven's not my home, then Lord what will I do?"

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • Hubby comes home tomorrow late afternoon.
  • Call our old property management office again either on tomorrow or Thursday. We got a call this past August after moving from that place more than a year ago for some fees. We wrote a letter last month to dispute the charges and have still yet to hear from them.
  • One of my husband's coworker is having his birthday party at our house on Saturday. He wants everyone to meet his Dad who is coming from Texas and we offered our house for the get together. And I'm baking a cake!
  • Hubby is off to do more training on Monday. More on that later.

Here is a picture I am sharing... 10.17.10; One of my bridesmaids gave birth to a beautiful baby boy last Sunday. 6lbs 15oz. Such a tiny little thing!

Comments

  1. What a beautiful baby. He looks so healthy. You are right about the dress being OK for church if it had a cardigan. When I first started seeing the dresses like that in church the first thing I thought of was a little bolero jacket. The girl in front of us had trouble keeping her dress up. She kept pulling it up. I have a lot of basic little dresses that I just put a jacket over for church. I think strapless dresses are beautiful. I hope you have a great week. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to tell you I love that song. It's in my head a lot. My granddaughter is an LPN and is working on her RN. She thought she wanted to be a surgical nurse but found out she couldn't take the cold in the room. I agree that you shouldn't pay a co-pay. It's so hard to deal with insurance co and drs offices. Your little boy is so sweet. Doylene

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!