Skip to main content

Recipe: Chocolate Mousse Frosting

9-inch Layered Chocolate Cake with Chocolate/Vanilla Mousse and Raspberry Filling

This past Saturday, my husband's coworkers came over for a get together/cookout. It was Gordon's birthday and his father was in town from Texas. It rained all day, which made it a little difficult to grill burgers and hotdogs but everyone seemed to have had a good time.


For a while now, I wanted to make a "layered" cake so I took this opportunity to try it. I really enjoyed how easy to assemble and decorate this cake and I can see myself making more of these in the future. Hubby wasn't as impressed and even though he liked the mousse filling (and he hates whipped cream!), Dean said he still prefers his cake covered and iced.


I went with the easy route and chose a super fast and super easy recipe from the Taste of Home website for the Chocolate Mouse Frosting. In the future, I will definitely make this where I have to melt my own chocolate.

Makes 7 cups

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups cold 2% milk
  • 1 package (3.9 oz) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
  • 1 package (3. 9oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 1 carton (16 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed

Directions:

In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding for two minutes.

Fold in whipped cream. Store in the refrigerator.

Comments