Skip to main content

Dr. Seuss Breakfast

We love Dr. Seuss! And to celebrate his 108th birthday today, we had a Dr. Seuss themed breakfast. (Last year, we made Thing 1 and Thing 2 cupcakes!). I forgot to buy ham yesterday so as you can see, I had to substitute it with hotdogs. And remember, to make green eggs, you have to use blue food coloring. Yellow (yolks) + blue = green. I almost used green food coloring until Hubby pointed it out.


For the Cat in the Hat skewers, they are sliced strawberries and cubed pound cake. You can go the easy route and buy the already made frozen pound cake but I could only find sliced ones at the store (I couldn't find the loaf). I couldn't justify paying $4 for six slices so I baked some last night. You can also make these really fancy and more appropriate for dessert/adults by drizzling them with melted chocolate. Yum! And please note that I used Popsicle sticks instead of the sharp wooden skewers since my little toddler will be eating these. This is very important if you have little ones in the house! Safety first.


Nathaniel thought the green scrambled eggs were cake :) He eventually figured out they were eggs once he touched them and he did not have any issue eating them at all.

Oh, and we are going to watch Lorax tomorrow. Happy birthday, Dr. Seuss!

Linking up to: 

Comments