Skip to main content

Raised Vegetable Garden: Digging

Yesterday, I started the process of building my raised vegetable garden at our backyard. I thought it was going to take me the entire week to dig a 4x10 4x12 feet of land but I actually finished it all in one day! We Hubby should install the wood side barrier sometime this week/weekend and hopefully, I can transfer my little plants soon after that! And surprisingly, my right arm didn't hurt at all except the very few times I over "twist" my wrist from shoveling.


(Top-Bottom, Left-Right)
1  Halfway done with digging my raised bed! It actually ended up being 2 feet longer. Oops.
2  Bag of dirt obstacle
3  Nathaniel stepped on a fire ant hill :( Dada missed this ONE hill last weekend when he treated the yard and of course, Nathaniel found it.
4  More digging
5  Taking a break from digging and riding the horsey swing together instead.
6  In the Philippines, whenever little children do this, they say it's because they are asking for a sibling :)
7  I saw so many earth worms, which  makes me happy because that means I have a healthy soil! I accidentally chopped a lot of them, too. Thankfully, they have the ability to regenerate.
 8  Child labor
9  Done! 4x12 feet.
10  Swinging from the outside.
11  Yup, he's a daredevil.
 12  What the heck?! He's chasing our dog Riley with the hat over his face. In the last picture, I asked him to smile and he said, "Click!" while pretending to take a picture.

Comments

  1. Looks like it's coming along great! Mine is about 8x8 and it has (what I think/hope is) a lemon tree in the middle. I still have to till mine and get LOTS of dirt to make it level. What are you going to grow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have to till mine, too! I'm hoping to grow tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, cucumber and strawberries (a friend gave me 10 bulbs). If I have more space, I also want carrots, beans (green and snap) and potatoes. But since it's my first year, I really should start small first! What are you planting? And how big is the tree? I hope it's not going to shade your bed!

      Delete
    2. Oh, I forgot: I'm also growing several types of herbs but I'm planting those in containers.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!