Skip to main content

Big Boy

Is it just me or did you find yourself, too, waking up one day and realizing you are a mother to a little boy (girl)? Your baby nor longer a baby but actually a little person.

The last couple of weeks have felt like that to me. And just when I thought he is already a big boy, he does something more "grown-up." I have conversations with my son and he answers back in complete sentences. He tells stories, memories from as far as weeks ago and sings songs he hears on the radio. He talks so well that other people/strangers have no problem understanding him, too. Definitely no more baby talk or special secret language going on here.

It is such a blessing and joy to witness firsthand this beautiful soul grow but my mommy-heart cannot help but ache. He is growing up too fast. Way too fast.

Nathaniel: Mommy?
Me: Yes, babe?
Nathaniel: I love you.

Me: I love you, too... *sniff*






Some day soon she'll be a teenager and at times he'll think she hates him
Then he'll walk her down the aisle and he'll raise her veil
But right now she's up and cryin’ and the truth is that he don't mind
As he kisses her good night and she says her prayers

He lays down there beside her
'til her eyes are finally closed
And just watchin’ her it breaks his heart cause he already knows
It won’t be like this for long
 
One day soon that little girl is gonna be all grown up and gone
Yeah, this phase is gonna fly by so he's tryin’ to hold on
‘Cause it won’t be like this for long
 
-Darius Rucker, It Won't Be Like This For Long

Comments

  1. My baby just turned one last month and my heart is already aching a little because he's growing up too fast!

    Your little guy is just adorable. I can't wait until my baby can have full conversations with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute little kid! i stumbled on this blog in the office and he cheered us up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!