Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today (June 28, 2011)


Outside my window... 99 degrees and dark

I am thinking... about our upcoming trip to Indiana. Nathaniel was quite a handful last time we flew (teething, wanting to walk, etc.) and Hubby was with us. However, it will just be us this time and I hope he behaves!

I am thankful for... air conditioners. It's hot in Texas! I mean it's almost midnight and the temperature is still in the 90s.

From the kitchen... leftover Orange Chicken from dinner this evening. It is soooo good and taste very authentic! I'm sure it's a lot better for you too since you control the ingredients.

I am wearing... tank top, shorts

I am going... to sleep!

I am reading... One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp

I am hoping... our BAH pay gets resolved soon. We're still getting California BAH instead of Texas. Essentially, we are getting more housing allowance at the moment and we know they will want their money back!

I am hearing...  the air conditioner and Hubby playing on my phone. He says he can't sleep even though he has to get up in less than five hours. So now we're playing Scrabble.

Around the house... a new dining table with six chairs! We finally replaced the hand-me down dining table that my Mom owned more than a decade ago.

One of my favorite things... kisses from Nathaniel. He is such an affectionate little soul.

Inspired by the church song... The Way That He Loves


"The way that He loves is as deep as the sea,
His spirit shall be my stay.
The way that He loves is as pure as a rose,
Much sweeter He grows each day.

His peace hovers near like a dove,
I know there's a heaven above.
To Jesus I'll cling, life's a wonderful thing,
Because of the way that He loves."

A few plans for the rest of the week...


  • Nathaniel and I will try to attend the story time at the library either tomorrow or on Thursday
  • Farmer's Market super early Saturday morning
  • Four-day weekend
  • Fourth of July festivities :)
Here is a picture I am sharing... 6.25.11 Nathaniel and Daddy taking a siesta. Hubby's gonna kill me for posting these but I think they are precious :)


Linking up to:

Comments

  1. I always love to take pictures of my girls when they are asleep. But on the other hand the one who loves to take pictures of me while sleeping with my girls is my hubby. This is precious Diana.He wont know unless he reads your blog all the time right? Your lil man looks so big now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sleeping pictures. I'm a new follower from Friend Finding Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. found your blog at supermom's friend finding friday blog hop! love it, im your newest stalker :) would love for you to follow back :) http://christanncox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet blog! Love the adorable photos!
    I'm hopping by from the blog hop and I am your newest follower on GFC!
    Hope you'll hop by and visit my blog too!
    Have a Happy 4th!
    nancy
    http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!