Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today (June 12, 2012)


Outside my window... A little sunny and muggy 73 degrees. It's supposed to rain all week so this little peek of sunshine is very much appreciated.

I am thinking... that today is my birth land's independence day. In 1898, the Philippines gained their independence from the 300+ years of colonial ruling from Spain. (The United States ruled us after that till after WWII.)

I am thankful... for our health.

In the kitchen... leftover homemade pizza.

I am wearing... shorts and a t-shirt from Colorado (spring break 2006)

I am going... to fold laundry after this.

I am wondering... if this is the month? I completely understand that we were lucky to conceive Nathaniel on the first try/month but I still can't help but hope that we will have the same luck with baby #2.

I am reading... Extremely Loud and Incredible Close by Jonathan Safran Foer

I am hoping... my Georgia nursing license gets approved soon. They received it a week ago and hopefully the approving process doesn't take too long. It will be nice to work a little bit till I give birth to future, potential baby #2.

I am looking forward to... meeting a fellow blogger that lives in town!

I am hearing... Nathaniel playing in his room.

I am learning... to push myself harder when it comes to working out. Hubby is doing Insanity and I am unofficially doing it, too (joining him when I can). I think we are in week 3 (maybe 4!) and I can definitely see changes in strength and stamina.

Around the house... a purple orchid plant and a venus fly trap. Our fourth year wedding anniversary to each other since this year is the year of flower.

One of my favorite things... hearing my husband and son fight wether I am 'mommy' or 'wife.'
Hubby: This is my wife.
Nathaniel: This is my mommy!
Hubby: This is my wife.
Nathaniel: No! This is my mommy!

Inspired by the church song... You are the Song that I Sing
"You are the words and the music.
You are the song that I sing.
You are the melody,
You are the harmony,
Praise to Your name I will bring.

You are the Lord of lords,
You are the mighty God,
You are the King of all kings,
So now I give back to You
the songs that You gave to me,
You are the song that I sing."

A few plans for the rest of the week...

  • Play date with Faith from Sweet Violet Photography and her children tomorrow
  • Possible joining a Mom's club on Thursday
  • Nathaniel's half birthday on Friday---yes, I still plan to celebrate it!
  • Hubby's third father's day on Sunday

Here is a picture I am sharing... June 6, 2012 I made a blueberry pie from the berries we picked a week ago.




Linking up to:

Comments

  1. Dropping by from " The simple woman's daybook and just read your post. What interested me was the word you are from the philippiens and a christian too. And so I am. So kababayan and sister in christ. You have a nice blog and will follow you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that pie looks amazing!! I've had no luck with making pies. Is "Extrememly Loud and Increadibly Close" a good read? I saw the movie and liked it pretty well. It wasn't the sob-fest I was expecting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you will be blessed with another little one soon! Our first happened right away. With our second, we had to wait about 6 months. All in God's time :)

    Here's my daybook:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/06/simple-womans-daybook-61712.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!