Skip to main content

The Hunger Games: Katniss Plant

Me: Hey babe, can you drive me to Augusta to pick up a plant? Someone is giving them for free!
Hubby: Ok, what kind of plant?
Me: Katniss!

Hubby: Why, of course...


 

If you haven't read the series, well what are you waiting for?! They really are more than just kids fighting each other to the death for survival. And it's nothing like Twilight so don't be fooled with the Team Peeta and Team Gale stuff. (Although if you ask me, I'm Team Peeta all the way!)

Source: Pinterest

I really enjoyed the movie adaptation as well. I think it helped a lot that I went in knowing the movie will never be as good as the book. And it has been a long, loooong time since I've been this excited and pleased with a book turned to movie. (Last ones were Harry Potter 7 Part 1 and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)

Source: Pinterest

Katniss is also known as arrowhead because of its leaves and Indian potato because of its edible roots. They are aquatic plants but very adaptable to its environment and can withstand cold temperatures and can thrive in sandy, loamy or heavy clay soil.

Comments