Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today (November 8, 2011)


Outside my window...
Dark and 54 degrees

I am thinking... about how everyone in the house has been going to bed early due to the daylight savings time.

I am thankful for... a four-ish day weekend. And thank you to our Veterans!

From the kitchen... half-eaten Haunted Gingerbread House that we decorated last weekend---yes, almost a week after Halloween!

I am wearing... pajamas

I am going... to look for more Christmas gift ideas online; mainly on Pinterest.

I am just finished reading... The Girl who Played with Fire by Steig Larsson

I am was hoping... to borrow the last book of the "The Girl Who" series at the library but they were all checked out. There were a couple this morning when I checked but apparently all gone by the time we went this evening :( They have an audio book but I'm definitely not an audio person. I must see it for me to understand it.

I am hearing... my husband's soft snore/breathing.

Around the house... an Elmo costume we bought yesterday. It was on clearance for $1.70 at Target! Nathaniel has been enjoying wearing it.

One of my favorite things... Pineapple and Rum.

Inspired by the church country song... Cost of Livin'

"I put Robert down as a reference,
He's known me all my life.
We attend the same church,
He introduced me to my wife.
Gave my last job everything,
Before it headed south.
Took the shoes off of my children's feet,
The food out of their mouths.
Yesterday my folks offered to help,
But they're barely getting by themselves.

I got a strong back, steel toes,
I rarely call in sick.
A good truck, what I don't know,
I catch on real quick.
I work weekends, if I have to,
Nights and holidays.
Give you 40 and then some,
Whatever it takes.
Four dollars and change at the pump.
Cost of livin' is high and going up."

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • Marine Corps Ball on Thursday
  • 3 day weekend!
  • San Antonio River Walk and the Alamo on Friday/Veterans Day
  • Sea World on Saturday
  • Our last weekend here in San Angelo, TX!
Here is a picture I am sharing... 11.02.11 Nathaniel thinks he is such a grown up drinking "coffee" in a mug just like Mommy :)



Linking up to:

My 3 Boybarians: Sweet Shot Tuesday
Project Alicia: Wordless Wednesday
live and love...out loud: Wordful Wednesday
NapTime MomTog: Wordless Wednesday

Comments

  1. That picture is precious. I love that you captured such a sweet moment. Thank you for sharing! I have a link up for altered tones (black and white, sepia, etc) that I would love if you joined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! Love his little eyes and mussy hair : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started reading the Girl with the dra.gon tat.too, but it's SO hard to get into. It's been a couple of weeks so I think I might have to start over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pic, I love the light in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! He is so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!