Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today (November 1, 2011)


Outside my window...
Warm and sunny 81 degrees

I am thinking... about our house being packed again in two weeks!!!

I am thankful for... the seller accepting our house offer in Georgia!

From the kitchen... leftover homemade baked Chicken wings from lunch

I am wearing... flowery top and jeans

I am going... to dinner with a girlfriend this evening. Yay, for Girls Night Out!

I am reading... The Girl who Played with Fire by Steig Larsson

I am hoping... Nathaniel continues to nap while the TMO looks at our household goods and writes an inventory. He's supposed to arrive in less than 15 minutes.

I am hearing... the dryer. Last load of laundry!

Around the house... candies from Nathaniel's first Trick-or-Treating yesterday.

One of my favorite things... mini-chocolate chips. They are surprisingly very yummy for how little they are.

Inspired by the church song... Our God, He is Alive

"There is, beyond the azure blue,
A God, concealed from human sight.
He tinted skies with heav'nly hue,
And framed the worlds with His great might.

There is a God, He is alive;
In Him we live and we survive.
From dust our God created man,
He is our God, the great I AM."

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • Girls Night Out this evening
  • Get my dress for the Marine Corps Ball altered asap (oh the joys of being only 5'3"!)
  • Family pictures this weekend
  • Our last weekend for the rest of year were we have nothing planned!
Here is a picture I am sharing... A little late in the game but my tomato plants are finally bearing fruit! (The evening temperatures here in TX are finally going below 55F) But the tomatoes have been green for more than two weeks now. Is there something I need to do to help them ripe?




Linking up to:

Comments