Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today (August 2, 2011)


Outside my window... dark 99 degrees

I am thinking... about the two left-shoes I bought/brought from Indiana. The nearest Kohls to us is in Abilene so I bought brown shoes for Hubby while I was in Indiana a couple weeks ago. At first, the box had a mismatch size 10 and 11 so I waited fifteen minutes for the supposedly correct pair. Turns out I really did have both size 11. But they were both left, too.

I am thankful for... just the possibility/thought that we may be upgrading my camera soon!

From the kitchen... a well stocked kitchen since I went grocery shopping today.

I am wearing... t-shirt, shorts

I am going... to bed soon.

I am reading... multiple cookbooks; one I'm very excited to start cooking the recipes: Wings: 50 High-Flying Recipes for America's Favorite Snack.

I am hoping... Nathaniel continues to do well in his first formal swimming class at the local Y. It's a Parent and Child class, twice a week for 30 minutes and last for four weeks. I know there's a possibility he may hate not enjoy it but it's worth a try. Today was first class and he did great! He kicked, paddled, blew bubbles in the water, and jumped in the 3-ft deep water!

I am hearing... silence :) Everyone is in bed.

Around the house... a package from a dear friend from our last home.

One of my favorite things... The TV series LOST. I started watching it about three weeks ago and finished season 2 a few days ago. However, I've asked Hubby to watch it with me so I'm impatiently waiting while he's playing catch up.

Inspired by the church song... Do You Know My Jesus?


"Have you a heart that's weary,
Tending a load of care?
Are you a soul that's seeking,
Rest from the burden you bear?

Do you know my Jesus?
Do you know my Friend?
Have you heard He loves you,
And that He will abide till the end?"

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • Hubby has a 7-hour test tomorrow
  • Nathaniel's swimming lesson again on Thursday
  • Maybe go to Abilene this weekend to exchange the two left-shoes?
Here is a picture I am sharing... 5.13.11 Exploring the beach with a stick and pausing to watch the beautiful sunset. We had a bonfire in Carmel Beach with our church friends back in California; just a couple weeks before we moved.



Linking up to:

Comments

  1. I am enjoying the silnce with you. Funny but not so funny about the shoes. Good luck to hubby on that long test.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!