Skip to main content

Well Baby Visit (Two Months Old)


Weight: 12 lbs, 4 oz (90th percentile!)
Height: 23.5 inches (75th percentile)
Head circumference: 15.5 inches (50th percentile)
(See One Month Well Baby Visit stats here)

Amelia had her two month old well baby visit this past Monday. As evident with her cheeks, we have a chunky, healthy baby girl! I knew Amelia was getting heavy but I didn't expect her to be twelve pounds heavy! I remember Nathaniel being pretty chubby too at this age up until he started being mobile. So if history repeats itself, I'm certain Amelia will slim down as well when she starts to crawl. And I guess it's safe to assume my milk has a very high fat content ;)

She also received three immunization shots. I think I'm still pretty traumatized from Nathaniel's shots because I almost cried with her! Unlike in California, the pediatrician's office here has a separate immunization room so I am unable to nurse her while she receives her shots. So I just nursed her immediately after, which thankfully resulted in just a minute or so of crying and falling asleep soon after. She continued to be a happy baby a few hours later (see above photos) but once dinner time hit, she became inconsolable. I gave her Tylenol for the pain and we did lots of snuggling throughout the evening. We didn't have too much of a difficult night like I expected but she spiked a fever (101.4F) early yesterday morning. She then did ok all day yesterday until I accidentally bumped her leg while changing her diaper because she shrieked and did one of those quick deep inhales cry. I have never seen nor heard her cry like that and it about broke my heart into a million pieces. She is doing a lot better today and back to her normal, happy self.

Comments