Skip to main content

Rose Cake for a Surprise Baby Shower

9-inch Lemon cake with strawberry "rose" icing

I co-hosted a surprised baby shower yesterday for one of my dear friends here in Georgia. Her little bundle of surprise is due to make her appearance next month and we are all anxious to meet Katelyn.

For the party, I was in charge of the cake among other things. This cake was easy enough to make once I got the consistency of the icing correctly. The icing and I were just not cooperating that day. First, I made it too soft and the details wouldn't stay. Then too hard so the roses were breaking and dry looking. I also didn't realize that I was out of parchment paper so I had to use the back of a freezer paper. Result? Not so pretty bottom cake :( I also made a tiny banner using skewers, twine and scrapbook paper.

I followed this tutorial for piping the roses.

Left: "showering" Lyn with water and rice
Right: The guest of honor with her two precious girls, Madielyn and Jazlyn (I think my almost 3 year old toddler has a crush on Madie!)

Comments

  1. Your cakes always impress me! This one is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO impressive!! And your photography is nothing less than perfect :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!