Skip to main content

It Is Well With My Soul


Last week, Nathaniel painted his first canvas, which we designed as a remembrance for his late baby brother/sister, Elijah Damaris. The words are the title to my favorite church song but also a great description of how we feel about the miscarriage. Our God is in control. His plans are always greater than our earthly plans. And although we do not fully understand His reasoning for taking the baby, it is well with our soul.

Hubby placed the vinyl on the canvas and I chose the colors. When doing this type of craft with a toddler, it is best to stick with just two colors. Because otherwise, it will just be a big brown mess :) I chose blue and green because it not only matched our guest bedroom, but it also has this calming effect that goes perfectly with the words.

(The orchid and bromeliad plants are from my brother-in-law's family in California. They adopted and welcomed us as part of their family while we were stationed in Monterey. We are very blessed to have friends and family all over the world. Thank you so, so very much. Our cup runs over.)

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot,  Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.

Comments

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!