Skip to main content

White Ruffle Cake

3 layer 8-inch dark chocolate cake with vanilla frosting

It has been a while since I decorated a cake using icing and my cake pipes. I haven't had a reason lately so when a friend asked if I could bake a cake for her daughter's baptismal celebration, I quickly dusted my cake supplies. I took inspiration from this Pinterest pin, which has been on my board for over a year. (Here's another photo.) I have been using fondant for the last few cakes I've made and so I had forgotten how fun decorating with icing can be. I am still undecided about my birthday cake but I'm sure it will be frosted with icing :)

If you want to learn how to do this ruffle technique, here is a tutorial on YouTube. I wanted more ruffles so I chose to make mine smaller.

Comments