Skip to main content

Savannah, Georgia

During our beach vacation to St. Simons Island, GA we drove an hour up to Savannah and spent a day exploring the city. My best friend advised that I make sure I have plenty of memory card space and the camera battery is fully charged before heading up there. She was right :)


My nephew cheesin' for the camera :)


These flowers smell and look a little bit like the national flower of the Philippines! Then I found out last week that they were growing in our backyard, too :)


My mom thought I was weird for taking this photo. Apparently Hubby does too because he said, "Huh." when he saw it. I guess it's a photographer's thing. Others just see an alley with dumpsters. I see beauty, lines and picturesque.


Hubby aka Lobster Man had a severe sunburn after a few hours at the beach (the day before this trip). For the entire week, his skin cannot be found in the nature ;) When he put sunblock lotion on, his skin looked purple! And this was after two applications of SPF 70!


This man was singing one of my favorite church songs: Blessed Assurance

"Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
born of his Spirit, washed in his blood.

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long."


Nathaniel looks like he is acting like a gangster but he's actually being sweet in this photo. He was saying "flower."


We were going to do the trolley tour after walking the historic district but it started raining so we had to cut the trip short. We are only 2.45 hours away so I hope we can come back someday. We also had lunch at Paula Deen's restaurant so I will be sharing those photos soon!

Comments