Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today (October 25, 2011)


Outside my window...
 Warm and sunny 86 degrees

I am thinking... it has been waaaay too since my last SWDB! (August to be exact). I know it will get busy again with the Marine Corp Ball, the move (again!) and holidays coming up but I hope to keep doing this again more regularly. It is such a great and easy way to document what's going on in our lives.

I am thankful for... being able to spend the holidays with our family. We are moving and driving up to Dean's grandparents' house in MO just in time to spend Thanksgiving with them. Dean's family and his Uncle's family will be coming over, too!

From the kitchen... makings for this recipe: Spicy Thai Noodles. I hope it's not too spicy!

I am wearing... red top, dark-colored cloth pants

I am going... to put Nathaniel down for a nap soon.

I am reading... The Girl who Played with Fire by Steig Larsson

I am hoping... Nathaniel's cut on his forehead will not leave a major scar. I still get shaky everytime I think about his head injury! (will post lenghty blog about this event soon)

I am hearing... Nathaniel playing with his toy laptop.

Around the house... crafts from our Halloween party this past Saturday.

One of my favorite things... caramel and chocolate covered apples. Yum!

Inspired by the church song... How Great Thou Art

"When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"

Then sings my soal, My Savior God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art."

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • Play date tomorrow
  • Dropping off a friend and her daughter to the airport on Friday
  • Houston-bound over the weekend for a friend's wedding
  • Trick or treating on Monday!
Here is a picture I am sharing... 10.22.11 Here's my little dude at his first visit to the ER. He saw the gurney and said it was time for "night-night." He also wanted to use the chux as a blanket so his Daddy tucked him in.

 
Linking up to:

Comments

  1. Praying your little guy's head heals cleanly. I have 5 boys~ I've been there many times! "How Great Thou Art" is one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Great Thou Art is one of my favs, too. Your little guys looks so sweet and relatively happy for being on a hospital gurney. Hope he's doing okay. I enjoyed your daybook entry! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!