Skip to main content

One Month Old

Nathaniel is a month old today!


With his Big Ted from Uncle Robbie

I'm ashamed to admit that most days I wish Nathaniel is already a little bit older because I have this irrational belief that things will be just easier if he is. And now that I look at the past month, that belief is true in some aspects but now my heart also aches... I look at my son and cannot believe that he's already a month old. Soon he will be smiling, "talking", crawling, and next thing I know he'll be running away from me.



And so I snuggle with my little boy a little bit longer. Look at him more intently. And treasure these moments that I know won't last very long.


12.25.10
10 days old

He didn't have to wake up, he'd been up all night
Laying there in bed listening to his new born baby cry
He makes a pot of coffee, he splashes water on his face
His wife gives him a kiss and says it's gonna be ok

It won’t be like this for long
One day soon we'll look back laughing
At the week we brought her home
This phase is gonna fly by so baby just hold on
‘Cause it won't be like this for long
-Darius Rucker

Comments