Skip to main content

Golden Birthday and Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake


Yesterday was Hubby's golden birthday. We began celebrating his birthday last week in Disney and finally concluded last night with the dinner of his choice (my World Class Lasagna--not bragging; that's really the name of the recipe :) and this very rich and oh so decadent Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake. I'm not a big fan of peanut butter (Hubby loves it) and I still enjoyed it. It tastes delicious and mouth watering as it looks. It was also supposed to be a three layer cake and if you follow me on Instagram, then you know what happened ;)

Recipe found here: Smitten Kitchen.

And because Dean never told me what he wanted for his birthday, I just surprised him with this Edible Arrangement. Every time we see its commercial on TV, he always comments about how awesome it will be to receive one. I'm posting an Instagram photo of it because the boys dug in (and ate a fourth of it!) by the time I grabbed my DSLR. I was worried when I first saw how humongous it was (I bought the large) then realized... who am I kidding? We're a big fruit eater! I give it until tomorrow :)


Happy birthday, Dean. May this year bring you more happiness and even greater adventure. We love you.

Comments