Skip to main content

National Pretzel Day


April 26th was National Pretzel Day so naturally, I had to make homemade pretzels. I recruited Nathaniel to help me, which made for lovely mess. To be honest, I'm not even sure I used the exact amount of cups of flour since I lost count halfway through! Thankfully, I have used this recipe quite a bit so I knew what to expect. Besides, just watching the delight and pride in my son's eyes as he helped me prepare the dough was priceless. He absolutely loved helping!

We made a lot of different varieties using this recipe I posted a few years ago: parmesan, asiago, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, garlic, chocolate chunk and plain. See the finish product here and Nathaniel's silly face here. I'm bummed that I had to roll the dough by myself since Nathaniel was napping when the dough finished rising. But he sure was happy to see the finish product when he woke up :)

Comments