Skip to main content

Quarter of a Century

Yesterday was my twenty-fifth birthday and we had a few friends over to help me celebrate my silver birthday. I cooked chicken lettuce wrap for dinner and since the food was gone quickly, I'm assuming everyone enjoyed it--but then again, we are talking about feeding guests that included Sailors, Soldiers, and Marines! For dessert, I made an ice cream cake since I have been craving one from Dairy Queen and the nearest DQ from us is in the next town over.



 9-inch strawberry cake with strawberry ice cream
Cream cheese frosting; chocolate chips and fresh blueberries

While I was making it the night before, my husband was worried that the layered "melted" ice cream will make the cake soggy and we'll be eating weird frozen, soggy cake since it also has to be kept in the freezer. But it was very delicious, the cake was moist, and I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I also made key lime pie to balance out the sweetness of this cake.

It was a very good quarter-of-a-century birthday and I am once again reminded that I am one blessed woman.

Comments