Skip to main content

Postpartum and Hair Loss

One of the perks of pregnancy that I am really, really missing right now is taking a break from scooping hair out of our shower drains and sweeping strands off the bathroom floor. I have long, thick Asian hair so I'm used to occasionally doing this pre-pregnancy. However since post-baby, I have to unclog the tub daily since my hair is falling in handfuls and sweep strands of hair off the floor of the ENTIRE house. I can't run my fingers through my hair without two to three strands falling off. It doesn't help either that my six month old baby thinks pulling my hair is one of the funniest things in the world.


Apparently, there is not much I can do about it other than wait and hope that it really will stop by the time my son hits his first birthday. I don't have a problem with hair thinness and I would really prefer not to cut my hair shorter, so how did you Mamas deal with hair loss?

Comments